Caleta de Fuste

Caleta in Fuerteventura is the place to be!

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > External tile adhesive

TheBaldMan

Hi,

We are arriving back on the island in a few weeks time and i plan to do some external tiling to the walls in the garden.

I am looking for some recommendations on an adhesive and where best to buy it. Already picked up our tiles from Ideal the last time we were out.

Our spanish is limited so any help would be be appreciated, as this will save trying to translate it in the shop.

Many Thanks

October 28, 2017 at 7:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

I've never done any tiling, but if I did, I would go to the Ferreteria at El Matorral.  The owner there also speaks English.

October 28, 2017 at 8:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MX

La Hondura in Montecastillo Centre neat the HiperDino. Pegoland plus, blue bag,25 kg around 6€. Not sure if they sell smaller quantities. They speak English, very helpfull.

October 28, 2017 at 1:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBaldMan
Thanks very much, i will check both these shops out. Im doing 13m2 of tiling so would imagine i would need a few 25kg bags├░┬?┬?┬?
October 29, 2017 at 11:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Nottingham Red

im a tiler by trade and have previously done some work over in caleta several year ago. I used a tile place next to Fran Chemi fruit & veg, on the costa antigua industrial estate,forget its name but I think its the one stephen recommended. With any outside tiling its best to use a flexible powder adhesive and always prepare the wall with acrylic bonding agent

October 29, 2017 at 1:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

The tile place (Venus)has now moved into the unit that was the Dreams House Toy Museum, next to the Frozen Food shop and the petrol station.

October 29, 2017 at 5:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBaldMan

Nottingham Red at October 29, 2017 at 1:46 PM

im a tiler by trade and have previously done some work over in caleta several year ago. I used a tile place next to Fran Chemi fruit & veg, on the costa antigua industrial estate,forget its name but I think its the one stephen recommended. With any outside tiling its best to use a flexible powder adhesive and always prepare the wall with acrylic bonding agent

Hi Nottingham Red,

I will check this one out too. Would you recommend covering the whole tile with the adhesive, or dot dab it.

The only external tiling i have done in the Uk was about 10 years ago on the steps to the house, and they have lasted well.

Not sure how different the climate will make to tiles in Fuerte though.

November 2, 2017 at 3:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nottingham Red

TheBaldMan at November 2, 2017 at 3:19 PM

Nottingham Red at October 29, 2017 at 1:46 PM

Hi Nottingham Red,

I will check this one out too. Would you recommend covering the whole tile with the adhesive, or dot dab it.

The only external tiling i have done in the Uk was about 10 years ago on the steps to the house, and they have lasted well.

Not sure how different the climate will make to tiles in Fuerte though.

dot & dab is a definite no no in the tiling world but a lot do it:roll: Would recommend a full bed of adhesive every time as over the years ripped out numerous d&d jobs that have failed. climates make a difference  in fuert its all about the heat, in the uk its the moisture & frosts, but if done right will last for many years

November 2, 2017 at 4:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.