Caleta de Fuste

Caleta in Fuerteventura is the place to be!

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Citizen's Participation Meeting - in English - Thurs 27 July 2017

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

Ayuntamiento de Antigua Councillor, Debbie Edgington, will be holding the next Citizen's Participation Meeting in the Caleta de Fuste Cultural Centre on Thursday 27 July 2017 at 6pm, and it will be conducted in English.

I should be able to go to this meeting, as I won't be working that evening.

June 18, 2017 at 1:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Windermeregolfer
Thanks Steve, look forward to your feed back, we can't attend we are back in the UK after our July 13th to 20th trip.
June 19, 2017 at 11:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jill

We plan to go too, look out for us and please say hello :D    

June 22, 2017 at 3:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Deso

Good to see we will have 2 roving reporters attending this time. :)

It may well crop up at the meeting but I am interested what the current position is regarding the electric scooters?

I say this because when we were over in March, we were walking up the ramp, across the road from the Chemist, when what looked like a hotel rep came up behind us on a scooter with around 10 other people following.

The girl had a yellow polo shirt on with a lot of logos and writing on so I couldn't work out where they were from.

I pointed out the fact that they were not supposed to be using the scooters on the pavements and she replied that it was no problem and that the central pavement down towards the Happy Centre had been made for just such a purpose. :roll:

They then set off on their merry way.

--

Looking forward to booking one way flight to Fuerte :)

June 22, 2017 at 12:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

Deso, it is a question I am going to ask.  There are now big, wide wheeled scooters about that go twice as fast.  6 of them sped by me on the pavement between the tunnel and the Windmill at silly speeds.

Last week on the seafont there was an accident between 2 scooters.  A child stpped and his mother crashed into him and they both fell to the ground.  The mother called him a lot of 4 letter words, so I wasn't going to tell them where they should be riding!  The boy's helmet was tied to his handlebars.

I'll look out for you Jill.

June 22, 2017 at 1:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Deso

Thanks Steve.

" The mother called him a lot of 4 letter words "   Makes you proud to be British   :/ 

--

Looking forward to booking one way flight to Fuerte :)

June 22, 2017 at 3:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.