Caleta de Fuste

Caleta in Fuerteventura is the place to be!

Forums

Forum Home > Fun, Banter and Chat > What have you been up to today?

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

Weekly lesson planning this morning.  Classes later.

Going to the Baile de Taifas (Canarian dance) in Puerto del Rosario late tonight.

May 29, 2017 at 3:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Helen

Going to the graveyard 5 yrs since my mum passed :( then hopefully sit in the garden 

--

Keep your head up. Keep your heart strong. Keep your mind set. Keep your hair long 

May 29, 2017 at 4:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Helen

Caletafuerteventura at May 23, 2017 at 5:24 AM

Shocked by what happened in Manchester last night.  Just so senseless and on innocent children and adults.

Gardening this morning.

Classes this afternoon/evening.

My daughter sold her ticket for that concert at the last minute because she has tonsillitis again,  her best mate has been injured she has shrapnel in her legs ect.... i am devastated by it all, nobody is safe its scary. Then the street near mine got evacuated had police here for 4 days, I watched them send in the bomb disposal robot 

--

Keep your head up. Keep your heart strong. Keep your mind set. Keep your hair long 

May 29, 2017 at 4:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Windermeregolfer
Had a safe good journey home to Windermere, already counting down the 6 weeks and 4 days to our next trip to Caleta
May 29, 2017 at 5:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

A day off today - It's been a public holiday for Canarian Day.

May 30, 2017 at 1:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Windermeregolfer
Had Sky Q multi room installed this morning and a golf club meeting this evening
May 30, 2017 at 5:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Windermeregolfer
Had Sky Q multi room installed this morning and a golf club meeting this evening
May 30, 2017 at 5:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

May 31, 2017 at 3:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Windermeregolfer
Golf club month end accounts during the day and meeting this evening.
May 31, 2017 at 5:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

Jobs this morning athome.  Classes in Puerto this afternoon/evening followed by shopping at Mercadona.

June 1, 2017 at 3:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

Aguas de Antigua came to read the water meter at midday, as they usually do around the start of the month.

He gestured that he wanted a word with me.  He pointed out that our water meter was whirring round so we must have a leak. He worked out that we've used 500€ of water during the past month.

However, we've seen no evidence of surface water.  He came into the garden and scratched away the picon and showed us that the ground was wet.

He advised us to contact our insurance company so they could send out a plumber, and he said he would report the matter to his office.

After several phone calls the authorised plumber arrived after 2.5 hours, and tried to find the leak. He was baffled, but eventually found it in the front wall of the house, next to the meter.  It's still not clear what the problem is and where all the water has gone.

We've now got to get permission off the Community President for the plumber to disconnect pipes outside of our property, so they can see what is going on.  We can't get the permission until tomorrow, and then we have to phone the plumber.

It's a good job that the meter reader told me about the problem, that the problem is covered by my house insurance, and that the plumber came out quickly.  Aguas de Antigua also rang to say we will get a discount on the huge water bill!  We will call in at their office tomorrow.

June 1, 2017 at 3:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Deso

Stephen, if you still have E2C as your administrator, you could ring Jose and he can sort out permission for the pipes to be looked at. I have his mobile if you need it. :)

Looks like everyone has done their best so far to sort the problem.

--

Looking forward to booking one way flight to Fuerte :)

June 1, 2017 at 4:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Windermeregolfer
Personal office work this morning, played golf this afternoon / evening Good luck Steve getting the leak sorted
June 1, 2017 at 4:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

Thanks Deso.  E2C are our administrators.  Jose's office closes at 1pm on Thursdays until Monday, so we missed him yesterday afternoon.

This morning we've had 60 minutes of success:

1. Spoke to the Community Vice President at 07.30 and got permission.

2. Phoned the plumber at 8am, and he will be out later.

3. Took the car to the ITV station on the Costa Antigua Industrial Estate at 08.30 and the car passed, so not another ITV until Jun 2019.

4. Went to the Aguas de Antigua office, who told us to cancel this monthsdirect debit until the water leak problem is sorted.

5. Went to Solbank and cancelled the Direct Debit.

So far so good!

June 2, 2017 at 4:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

While I was out the plumber found the water leak.  For some reason the water pipe comes into our water meter on our wall from the community side, then goes out again for a couple of metres, before it goes back on to our plot.

The leak has been fixed, and someone will come out to patch up the holes in the road soon.

June 2, 2017 at 4:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

Classes and childminding from 9 - 3.

June 3, 2017 at 3:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

A day off.

June 4, 2017 at 3:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Windermeregolfer
Yesterday did the first year accounts for the villa, quite happy with what it has cost us so far, have to say certain cost are so much cheaper than the UK!!!! Played golf today in great weather conditions, not looking forward to golf in Harrogate tomorrow as there is a weather waring in place. Currently watching the I Love Manchester Concert, I lived the first 13 years of my life in Manchester and we had a family business not 200mts from where the tragedy happened.
June 4, 2017 at 3:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

We watched the concert last night through the Ariande Grande Facebook page where there was a live stream.

Weekly lesson planning this morning.

Shopping in Puerto this afternoon, followed by classes there.

June 5, 2017 at 3:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

The plumber came out this afternoon and made a good job of patching up the road.

June 5, 2017 at 4:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.