Caleta de Fuste

Caleta in Fuerteventura is the place to be!

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Business Changes 2016

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

Fuerte Feria - the craft/local produce - market warehouse on the Costa Antigua industrial estate has closed.

January 28, 2016 at 4:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

The Alldays supermarket at the Geranios Hotel has closed.

January 28, 2016 at 4:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

Nuevo Kwizeen Restaurant is opening up in what was Benny's International Restaurant in the Antigua Bay Complex in Costa Antigua on 1st February.  That's another restaurant that has changed ownership so many times over the years.

January 28, 2016 at 4:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Can the Man

Caletafuerteventura at January 28, 2016 at 4:37 AM

Fuerte Feria - the craft/local produce - market warehouse on the Costa Antigua industrial estate has closed.

Thats a pity, it was a very nice place lots of local artistic crafts and local produce. The stall holders were very friendly, they were always willing to talk about their wears, and teh cheese guys and girls were great, always willing to give samoles. I always visited them and bought something to support them. Didn't get up last Christmas but I think they might have even been closed by then. :(

I think they were in a poor location, away from the usual tourist footfall, industrial estate is not a place that tourists visit.

--

January 28, 2016 at 9:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Nottingham Red

Can the Man at January 28, 2016 at 9:19 AM

Caletafuerteventura at January 28, 2016 at 4:37 AM

Thats a pity, it was a very nice place lots of local artistic crafts and local produce. The stall holders were very friendly, they were always willing to talk about their wears, and teh cheese guys and girls were great, always willing to give samoles. I always visited them and bought something to support them. Didn't get up last Christmas but I think they might have even been closed by then. :(

I think they were in a poor location, away from the usual tourist footfall, industrial estate is not a place that tourists visit.

I agree Can, It was in the wrong place, theres plenty of empty shops in Caleta which would be a better location. The craft market over christmas was a good idea and seemed really busy. Might be an option to hold this on a regular basis

January 28, 2016 at 1:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

The craft market is still being held on a Friday night at the Plaza.  I think those who were at Fuerte feria are there.  

January 29, 2016 at 3:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Can the Man

I hope so, there was a guy who was dong local paintings, and he had a 3 dimensional picture of the Canary Islands that I fancied but didn't buy, I regret it now, hopefully he will be in the market. Lincoln dr

--

January 31, 2016 at 1:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

The Vape Station has opened up in the Amuley Mar 2 Commercial area, opposite the San Jorge Hotel.

Restaurant 15 opens up it's new extension on March 1st.

February 18, 2016 at 6:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Can the Man

Caletafuerteventura at February 18, 2016 at 6:19 AM

The Vape Station has opened up in the Amuley Mar 2 Commercial area, opposite the San Jorge Hotel.

Restaurant 15 opens up it's new extension on March 1st.

Steve, has 15 moved, or just taken over more space down stairs ?

What is the Vape Station ?

--

February 19, 2016 at 7:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

15 have got an advert in this months Fuertextra to say they are moving into an extension, so they must be taking over more space downstairs.

The Vape Station also has an advert in the paper - they do E Cigarettes I think.  They also have a stall on the market.

February 19, 2016 at 7:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

The Wine Bar under Caleta Gardens closed last night.  It's moving to one of the units in the Amuley Mar Commercial Center opposite the San Jorge Hotel.

February 21, 2016 at 8:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

danjones
Hi all .. How good is the trade in montecastillo ??
--
February 22, 2016 at 7:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

Hello Dan.  Welcome to the forum.

In my opinion there are too many bars offering the same product.  However, they all seem to survive.  There's The Pickled Palm, The Sizzling Pig, Three Amigos, Red Lion, The Boleyn, Chaplins,Cactus Jacks, El Nido, Halfwayhouse and The Bell.  Then there's the Asia restaurant and the Argentinian Restaurant.

I've always thought that there needs to be a Spanish/International bar in there, as many people staying in the surrounding area are from all over Europe.

February 22, 2016 at 7:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

si

Do belive the Red lion pool bar on the villa Florida is moving to the happy centre as villa florida is saying only people stopping on the complex can use the bar from now on Mabel that runs the bar has said she got new place above the trafalger at the happy centre and will be in the new place beginning of march something you can check out stephen but will look myself as out in caleta again 7th march for a week maybe catch up for a drink that week stephen if u like

--

February 26, 2016 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

The Wine Bar opened last week in it's new location in the Amuley Mar commercial area opposite the Dog and Duck.

March 21, 2016 at 3:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The gov

Looking forward to seeing all the changes in caleta. I'm sure I will be popping into the wine bar on are way into caleta thanks so much for all the updates.

March 21, 2016 at 4:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

FuertWifi have moved office within the Montecastillo Center.  They are now in the premises next to The Pickled Palm.

April 5, 2016 at 3:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

Brujula - the scooter and motorbike rental shop next to the Dog & Duck bar has closed.  It is now the office for Quad & Buggy Adventure and Safaris.

April 9, 2016 at 2:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike

Never ending story of business failures

April 9, 2016 at 4:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Caletafuerteventura
Site Owner

It's hard to be self-employed here.  You have to pay 250€ plus (depending on your age) a month to register as self employed, and then pay tax on top of everything you earn.  Then on top of this there are rent and all the other business costs.

April 9, 2016 at 5:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.